Saturday 23 October 2010

'Tis the season

...no, not to be jolly (not yet anyway) but the season I love the most.  I love the changing leaves and all the colours of autumn.  I quite like the frosty chill in the air and wrapping up in big knit scarves.  I'm working on a couple of autumnal crafty bits at the moment but had to share this one with you....can you guess what its going to be?
Well with a little bit of crochet magic (and without the use of a fairy godmother) the above was transformed into.....a pumpkin!
I used King Cole Merino Blend DK in 'Copper - 109'.  The stalk was a bit of green cotton that I had in my stash and the googly eyes were bought at Paperchase - £1.25 for about 30 eyes!  I would say you could get three pumkpins out of the 50g ball on a 4mm crochet hook. 

Try the pattern for yourself from The Evil Knittin' Kitten

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for trying my pattern! I'm so glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete